Friday, June 19, 2015

Selling Your Used Clothes For Money

Hello Lovelies,

Yesterday my friends and I went on a little mission to see whether we can sell some of our used clothes to resale shops. This is a simple way to make a little extra summer money and I wanted to share my experience with you.






My friends and I started at Crossroads Trading Co. and we have sold to this resale store before and they have guidelines on their website where they tell you what they are currently buying. We tried to tailor the things we wanted to sell to their guideline but this time they seemed to be more picky as they didn't take a single item. It wasn't a pleasant experience because the employee who was looking at our clothes was barely looking at them.

We decided to search for another retail store to see if they would buy our things. While looking up places on yelp we stumbled across Uptown Cheapskate. This is also a resale store and they were more accepting of the items we had brought. I had two bags full and they only took 6 items but it was better than nothing. They were mostly looking for clothes that was in really good condition and still looked new or barely worn. The experience was good and it didn't take that long to sell our items. The employees actually took their time to look at our items.

I would definitely recommend Uptown Cheapskate if you have regular clothing items that are in really good condition to sell, but I would only recommend Crossroads if you have designer items that could be sold at a higher price because they seem to be more picky.

Total I made about 20 dollars for 6 items (mostly tops). Not bad for clothes I would never wear again. :)

Anyways I just wanted to share my experience and let you guys know of a way to make a little extra cash over this summer.

xo,
Neika

1 comment:

  1. I am always into reselling my clothes that I just won't wear anymore or clothes that don't fit! I don't have these places near me but what I tend to turn to is an app called Poshmark. Have you heard of it? I love how on the app you can set your own prices and they even pay for your shipping! I definitely would suggest checking it out! But I really loved this post <3

    XO Kat

    A Bellezas Journey

    ReplyDelete